Monday, June 23, 2014

Enjoying Every Moment

I've concluded my last weekend in D.C. and it's been great. I could not have been blessed with better roommates. I really lucked out with them. We're definitely going to stay friends and hang out when we get back. We've had a lot of fun together here. We all got dinner on Friday and then everyone slept in on Saturday but I wanted to get to one more museum before I left. So I went to the National Gallery of Art. I really loved it because I was instantly transported back to France and Italy when I saw all the Impressionist French art and the Italian Renaissance art. I really love sculpture too so I spent a lot of time admiring the sculpture gallery. My other favorite pieces were the landscapes. I recognized so many of the places from my travels and they touched my heart. Later that night I got to video chat with all my best girlfriends. They are scattered all over in Arkansas, Texas, and Japan! Props to Google Hangouts because it worked great! All five of us could get on there together and I could see and hear everyone perfectly. I've really missed them and it was so good to talk to them all together and see their faces. I'm so grateful to have friends that are so caring.

I got to sleep in a lot on Sunday which was wonderful. Then I went to brunch with the girls in Dupont Circle at Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe. It was AMAZING. I had a delicious cappuccino and a giant plate of banana french toast with eggs, bacon, and potatoes. It was pretty divine. Then we walked back to the Washington Monument to go up to the top but they were sold out of tickets :(. But we might try to go another day. Instead we sat on the lawn in the shade and read books. It was such a relaxing moment and I felt very accomplished with everything I've gotten to do in the city. I may not have gotten to everything but I'm so happy with everything that I've done and seen. A month is the perfect time to really feel like I've tackled the city.

Today we got to tour the National Zoo with Team Boozman: some of the staff, the interns, and Senator Boozman! We had a blast seeing all the animals, including the famous pandas and six lion cubs. It was a really nice day for it and we all got lunch afterward too. Shake Shack is where it's at. I'm back to my last week of work. Got to make these days count! And tonight we had a blast playing kickball on the National Mall with some of the interns from Senator Pryor's office! Our office team won ;)






Tin Tin
























The kickball players!

Team Boozman for the WIN


Art from the Gallery

In a storm

Nydia, the Blind Girl of Pompeii


I've seen the real deal in Rome ;)

This painting freaked me out because all of them are looking at the viewer instead of Mary and Christ...


I recognized this Giotto from others I've seen in Italy.


They're playing with an old camera :D




Poodle!

Stranded Ship


The Hudson River

Wyoming

Instantly recognized Capri


The Seine

My favorite Monet

Monet's signature!

Van Gogh

Love this sunset


The front facing the National Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment