Today I completed my first day of work. I can't go into details about what I do every day but I'm going to do my best to filter and give a general picture. This blog will mostly be about discoveries and traveling. But I'm proud of myself because this was my first day working anywhere. I think working in Senator Boozman's office from Arkansas will be a great way to get work experience. I'll be working five days a week for a good chuck of the day. This week we get to be more casual in our dress but I dressed up for the first day and it was a lot of fun. The best piece of advice I got was to wear regular shoes to get to work and then change into heels. I was a lot happier getting to work that way. The metro is pretty efficient too. A little expensive but definitely worth it. Speaking of the metro, one of my roommates almost got eaten by the metro on our way home! Because it was rush hour, we had to wait for the masses of people to get off the metro and then when we went to get on the doors were closing and they closed on her poor foot. She squeezed in and was fine but I think everyone in the subway was laughing. Most of today consisted of showing us around the office and we learned what we will be expected of us in the office. I'm going to need to get some closed toed flat shoes for giving tours in the Capitol haha. We went on a scavenger hunt to find the locations of places we need to know how to get to like in the Capitol and in the Senate buildings. We got to use our cool new badges to get in everywhere which felt very grown up. The Capitol is gorgeous on the inside; I can't wait to tour it. Everyone in the office is so nice and has so much experience. I'm really looking forward to getting to know them and learning from them. I really like my fellow interns too. I think we're going to have a lot of fun together. After work we went to dinner and we just missed the monsoon of rain! It was crazy weather and then we just waited for it to calm down so we lucked out. Everyone has so many ideas of things to do and it all sounds so great. I hope we can make it all happen. I think we're going to all try to go to a Nationals game this weekend together. I love baseball so I'm looking forward to that. That's about it for now but I'll be checking back in and hopefully will be exploring more with my camera. My travel photography hobby is calling my name in this big city...
Dare to dream.
 |
| My business professional attire. |
Looking good girl!
ReplyDelete